Replace libreoffice with openoffice rpms

Gene Smith gds at chartertn.net
Fri Dec 16 04:59:47 UTC 2011

On 12/15/2011 10:49 PM, Craig White wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-12-15 at 22:42 -0500, Gene Smith wrote:
>> I have had a problem with libreoffice properly rendering graphics in
>> documents (vertical and hoizontal lines do not display). Never had this
>> problem with OO.org in<=f14. Therefore I removed libreoffice and
>> installed OO from rpms from OO.org site. I am now able to read the
>> documents OK.
>>
>> However, after a while an update for package libreoffice-ure appears
>> that won't install. It conflicts with openoffice.org-ure for reasons
>> that are beyond me. This is with Libreoffice completely removed.
>>
>> I tried reinstalling libreoffice but it requires that OO be removed.
>>
>> I then removed OO and re-installed libreoffice and tried to re-install
>> OO and it indicates conflicts regarding the operoffice.org-ure package
>> also. So OO.org and libreOffice can't coexist.
>>
>> Therefore, I need to go back to just OO.org. Is there a way to cause f16
>> to not try to update libreoffice-ure when libreO is removed and replaced
>> with OO?
> ----
> does anything show up when you execute...
>
> rpm -q --whatrequires libreoffice-ure

This is with only OO installed:

[gene at hplt ~]$ rpm -q --whatrequires libreoffice-ure
no package requires libreoffice-ure

[gene at hplt ~]$ rpm -q --whatrequires openoffice.org-ure
ooobasis3.3-core01-3.3.0-9567.x86_64
openoffice.org3-3.3.0-9567.x86_64
openoffice.org3-dict-en-3.3.0-9567.x86_64
openoffice.org3-dict-fr-3.3.0-9567.x86_64
openoffice.org3-dict-es-3.3.0-9567.x86_64