Disable (broken) nvidia drivers, enable nouveau drivers again ???

linux guy linuxguy123 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 06:43:48 UTC 2011

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 10:46 PM, T.C. Hollingsworth
<tchollingsworth at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Is this related to regenerating initramfs ?
>
> Possibly.  Do you have any older kernels listed in GRUB?  Can you boot
> from them?

I have 5 kernels installed and they all generate the same error.

> If not, you can boot from a livecd/usb, grab a good initramfs from a
> kernel RPM, and replace yours with it.

I checked the boot directory initramfs files and they look OK.

I double checked dmesg and found a complaint about /dev/sdb1.  I
pulled it and now I'm getting a different error altogether.   I think
the hard drive controller is failing.