Screensaver takes too much time to fade-out...

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Fri Dec 16 13:02:03 UTC 2011

On 12/16/2011 01:51 AM, Tim wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-12-15 at 13:08 +0000, Jake Shipton wrote:
>> My next advise would be to do the following:
>>
>> 1) Regularly change your password, say every 3/6 months.
> Personally, I don't see the point in this.  I think it's a fallacy.

I totally agree with you.  But after a couple years, I DO switch
passwords.  They tend to creap and I can't be sure that someone other
than my wife knows it.

Unless there is a big bug reported, what is the attack vector for M.
Hacker?  SSH?  Watch your logwatch.  email attachments or web
downloads?  Scan them first.

Choose a password with an entropy of ~40bits and you will be good unless
you are a target of interest to somebody.