Can't install nvidia drivers still

Lawrence Graves lgraves95 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 13:12:25 UTC 2011

I am the same guy who is still struggling with the installation of
nvidia drivers. Done a nvidia-xconfig after installing akmod-nvidia and
not rebooting. Below find the read-out. Pray this will help someone to
aid in the problem of not being able to install my nvidia drivers.
Thanks in advance.

[root at JesusChrist ~]# nvidia-xconfig

Using X configuration file: "/etc/X11/xorg.conf".

WARNING: No Screen specified, constructing implicit screen section.

WARNING: No Layout specified, constructing implicit layout section using
screen
          "Default Screen".

WARNING: Unable to find CorePointer in X configuration; attempting to
add new
          CorePointer section.

WARNING: The CorePointer device was not specified explicitly in the layout;
          using the first mouse device.

WARNING: Unable to find CoreKeyboard in X configuration; attempting to
add new
          CoreKeyboard section.

WARNING: The CoreKeyboard device was not specified explicitly in the layout;
          using the first keyboard device.

Backed up file '/etc/X11/xorg.conf' as '/etc/X11/xorg.conf.backup'
New X configuration file written to '/etc/X11/xorg.conf'

--
Lawrence Graves All things are workable but don't all things work.