Can't install nvidia drivers still

Lawrence Graves lgraves95 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 13:17:38 UTC 2011

On 12/16/2011 06:12 AM, Lawrence Graves wrote:
> I am the same guy who is still struggling with the installation of
> nvidia drivers. Done a nvidia-xconfig after installing akmod-nvidia
> and not rebooting. Below find the read-out. Pray this will help
> someone to aid in the problem of not being able to install my nvidia
> drivers. Thanks in advance.
>

> [root at JesusChrist ~]# nvidia-xconfig
>
> Using X configuration file: "/etc/X11/xorg.conf".
>
> WARNING: No Screen specified, constructing implicit screen section.
>

> WARNING: No Layout specified, constructing implicit layout section
> using screen
>          "Default Screen".
>

> WARNING: Unable to find CorePointer in X configuration; attempting to
> add new
>          CorePointer section.
>

> WARNING: The CorePointer device was not specified explicitly in the
> layout;
>          using the first mouse device.
>

> WARNING: Unable to find CoreKeyboard in X configuration; attempting to
> add new
>          CoreKeyboard section.
>

> WARNING: The CoreKeyboard device was not specified explicitly in the
> layout;
>          using the first keyboard device.
>
> Backed up file '/etc/X11/xorg.conf' as '/etc/X11/xorg.conf.backup'
> New X configuration file written to '/etc/X11/xorg.conf'
>

> --
> Lawrence Graves All things are workable but don't all things work.
P.S. This is the read-out of "startx"
[root at JesusChrist ~]# startx
xauth:  file /root/.serverauth.2329 does not exist

Fatal server error:
Server is already active for display 0
     If this server is no longer running, remove /tmp/.X0-lock
     and start again.

Please consult the Fedora Project support
      at http://wiki.x.org
  for help.

XIO:  fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server ":0"
       after 7 requests (7 known processed) with 0 events remaining.
[r
--
Lawrence Graves All things are workable but don't all things work.