Can't install nvidia drivers

Rich Boyce rich at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Dec 16 13:56:24 UTC 2011

On 16/12/11 13:51, Lawrence Graves wrote:
>  From what I am observing, there is nothing wrong with the nvidia
> drivers and there is nothing wrong with my nvidia card and there is
> nothing wrong with my monitor. What I see happening is after installing
> the nvidia drivers, there is no instructions given to install the nvidia
> drivers. It is not seeing anything to install or run on. Where ever this
> has to happen there lies the problem. I don't know who's problem it is.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=fedora+nvidia has as #1 hit
http://www.fedorafaq.org/#nvidia which states that 'if you have an older
card, you may need to install kmod-nvidia-173xx or kmod-nvidia-96xx.'
See http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_18897.html for a list of which cards
need which driver.

Have you tried that yet? Normally there's no configuration needed after
installing the akmod-nvidia package.

HTH,
Rich