Can't install nvidia drivers

Lawrence Graves lgraves95 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 14:12:34 UTC 2011

On 12/16/2011 06:56 AM, Rich Boyce wrote:
> On 16/12/11 13:51, Lawrence Graves wrote:
>>  From what I am observing, there is nothing wrong with the nvidia
>> drivers and there is nothing wrong with my nvidia card and there is
>> nothing wrong with my monitor. What I see happening is after installing
>> the nvidia drivers, there is no instructions given to install the nvidia
>> drivers. It is not seeing anything to install or run on. Where ever this
>> has to happen there lies the problem. I don't know who's problem it is.
>
> http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=fedora+nvidia has as #1 hit
> http://www.fedorafaq.org/#nvidia which states that 'if you have an
> older card, you may need to install kmod-nvidia-173xx or
> kmod-nvidia-96xx.' See http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_18897.html for
> a list of which cards need which driver.
>
> Have you tried that yet? Normally there's no configuration needed
> after installing the akmod-nvidia package.
>
> HTH,
> Rich
Thank you but I have done all of that type of investigation and my
nvidia card is supported. I made sure of that when I built this my Dell
9400 Inspiron laptop. It is equipped with the latest hardware I could
find in order to keep up with the new tech. It won't be long though
before I will have to buy a more up to date laptop.
--
Lawrence Graves All things are workable but don't all things work.