Can't install nvidia drivers

Lawrence Graves lgraves95 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 20:55:23 UTC 2011

On 12/16/2011 01:50 PM, Claude Jones wrote:
> On 12/16/2011 3:42 PM, Lawrence Graves wrote:

>>> please post the results of this command:
>>> lspci | grep nVidia
>>>
>> There were no results. I am using the nouveau drivers because I am not
>> having any success with the installation of the nvidia drivers. Everyone
>> has super trying to help and I want to say thank you.
>> --
>> Lawrence Graves All things are workable but don't all things work.
>>

> OK - just post the results of "lspci"

I did. Here is copy of my xorg.conf. xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-uninstalled.
# nvidia-xconfig: X configuration file generated by nvidia-xconfig
# nvidia-xconfig:  version 290.10  (mockbuild@)  Wed Nov 23 22:25:15 CET
2011

# RPM Fusion - nvidia-xorg.conf
#

Section "ServerLayout"
     Identifier     "Default Layout"
     Screen         "Default Screen" 0 0
     InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
     # generated from data in "/etc/sysconfig/keyboard"
     Identifier     "Keyboard0"
     Driver         "keyboard"
     Option         "XkbLayout" "us"
     Option         "XkbModel" "pc105"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
     # generated from default
     Identifier     "Mouse0"
     Driver         "mouse"
     Option         "Protocol" "auto"
     Option         "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
     Option         "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
     Option         "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

Section "Device"
     Identifier     "Videocard0"
     Driver         "nvidia"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
     Identifier     "Default Screen"
     Device         "Videocard0"
     SubSection     "Display"
         Modes      "nvidia-auto-select"
     EndSubSection
EndSection

--
Lawrence Graves All things are workable but don't all things work.