VirtualBox installation question.

Lucélio Gomes de Freitas aa.lucelio at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 21:17:17 UTC 2011

Michael Cronenworth,

Sorry it should be the way you said but, I had a very bad experience
doing this.

Fact:

I updated from Fedora14-x86_64 to Fedora16-x86_64 host, and I thought
VirtualBox-4.0 was ok. When I started Winvista64 Guest I got the message:

BOOTMGR is compressed Press Ctrl-Alt-Del to restart

I did it, and the Winvista64 boot started again and stoped at the same
point. In a loop. I thought that the problem was VirtualBox for
Fedora14. I removed it. So I installed Virtualbox-4.1-4.1.6 for
Fedora16-x86_64. The same thing is happening. Why bootmgr has changed?
The guest machine was working *_UNTOUCHED_* in a "Production" more than
a year. I only updated from Fedora14 to Fedora16.

My feeling says that the problem is Windows, but the fact is that I have
to find a solution for it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

--