[RESOLVED] Re: Recovering Journal - How Long?

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Sun Dec 18 05:08:37 UTC 2011

Ed Greshko wrote:

> Well, it is F4.  Nothing being outputted....  :-(
>
> top does show fsck.ext4 "running".  Without fsck running it shows 99%
> idle and 0%wait.  Running it does show a wait of 25% most of the
> time....so maybe it is doing something.  I guess I'll let it go for a
> few hours before taking more drastic and maybe irrecoverable action.
> Like removing the has_journal flag.
>
> Thanks....

Well, maybe RESOLVED isn't the right word.   The disk has just now
totally died.  lvscan fails totally on that drive.  :-(

Oh, well....  Time to move to F16.  :-) or is it :-(?

--
I wish there was a knob on the TV to turn up the intelligence. There's a
knob called "brightness", but it doesn't seem to work. -- Gallagher