Getting a list of applications and packages on my Fedora machine !?

Genes MailLists lists at sapience.com
Sun Dec 18 18:01:23 UTC 2011

  I guess groups are a purely an initial install convenience and offer
no advantages beyond that - in which case if one wants to ensure that an
install has all packages of a previous install - then simply ignoring
groups and doing

  yum list installed | (clever script or human) > fixinstall.sh

  on older fedora, and copying it to new fedora install

 will allow one to run fixinstall.sh on the nand install any missed
packages.

  This is what i've done for years ... groups could have shortened the
script I suppose but they aren't important.

 gene