Missing icon from KDE System Tray

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Mon Dec 19 04:58:46 UTC 2011

On 12/19/2011 12:17 PM, g wrote:
> On 12/19/2011 03:54 AM, g wrote:
>> On 12/18/2011 01:11 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
> <>
>
>>> Anyone have an idea as to how to troubleshoot this?
>> -=-
>>
>> swag...
>>
>> you do not have icon defined for application in f16 that you had defined
>> in f15, therefore no icon is displayed.
>>
>> to remedy, define an available icon for application.
> *more swag*
>
> open menu editor, look to see if application setup shows an icon. if not,
> click blank icon square, search for applications icon and select it to
> assign it.
>
> next, check to see if;
>
>   [X] Place in system tray
>
> is checked. if not, check it, close editor.
>
> activate task bar to see if icon appears. if there, great. if not,
> move cursor to where 'blank' icon is in system tray, right click and
> select 'Quit' to remove from tray.
>
> from menu, select application, icon should return to system tray.

I think maybe I didn't make it clear in the original post.  The "IBus
Panel" *is* in the systray.  It even shows in the "System Tray Settings"
under "Entries".  I even marked it "Always Visible".  I can click in the
area occupied by the IBus Panel and change the input method.

FYI, there is no "IBus Panel" application in the menu since it isn't an
"application".

fools. -- Douglas Adams in "Mostly Harmless