Problems with java applet

Deepak Bhole dbhole at redhat.com
Mon Dec 19 16:39:53 UTC 2011

* Heinz Diehl <htd at fritha.org> [2011-12-15 02:23]:
> On 15.12.2011, mike cloaked wrote:
>
> > It's possible that the bank web site may only work with Oracle Java
> > 1.7 (or Sun Java) but not openjdk - it may be worth installing it and
> > get the browser to use the alternative java jre.
>
> Thanks Mike, that did the trick! However, this is strange, since it
> has been working both with F14 and 15 all the way. I did a short check
> with my wifes laptop (F15, fully updated, jre-openjdk +
> icedtea-plugin) and it works flawlessly...

F15 and F16 have the same version of the plug-in. It is odd that one
works and the other doesn't. I'd be happy to help you diagnose the issue
if you'd like. If so, please close all firefox instances and run it as:

ICEDTEAPLUGIN_DEBUG=true firefox >& /tmp/console.log

and then send me the ~/.icedtea/log/* and /tmp/console.log files (after
removing anything sensitive).

Cheers,
Deepak