Stopping VirtualBox sessions

Claude Jones cjoneslists at tehogeeservices.com
Tue Dec 20 17:01:23 UTC 2011

I keep VirtualBox running as a different user, cjremote, on my office
Fedora 16 machine.
I have a Windows 7 virtual machine constantly running in VirtualBox
which I use for some very specific work related tasks
When I am at the office, I want to able to shut down that virtual
Windows machine so I can reboot the physical machine after certain
updates, like today's kernel update
The trouble is, if i login to my remote user desktop, cjremote, here at
work and open VirtualBox, I can see the running virtual machine in the
VirtualBox management interface but I can't show it or connect to it,
and, if I try to pause it, I get an "access denied" message
Is there some way to do this?
--
Claude Jones Brunswick, MD, USA