gnome 2.3 desktop shows home/me not home/me/Desktop

Paul Allen Newell pnewell at cs.cmu.edu
Tue Dec 20 18:15:00 UTC 2011

On 12/20/2011 2:47 AM, Tim wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-12-19 at 21:55 -0800, Paul Allen Newell wrote:
>> Any idea what I need to do to restore original behavior?
> Here's a simple solution:  Create a new user for them to use, instead of
> your account.  That way they get default settings.

Tim:

Thanks for the reply. I already did your suggestion and that account is
behaving. I was cleaning up stuff on my account "just to be safe" (as
mentioned in an earlier thread, I've got beta software that I wanted to
remove to respect NDA).

I'm figuring if worse comes to worse, I can delete my account and create
a new one using same UID / GID (when I get the repaired machine back)
... but it seems that there should be a cleaner way to restore prior
behavior.

Paul