Fedora vs openSUSE

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 20 18:32:32 UTC 2011

> Well said, but I just wanted to learn the Linux from the
> basics ->
> right from the first step. So if Fedora really gives all
> such issues,
> should I go to openSUSE?
> --

If you want to learn linux, then go and get Slackware!
If you want hand holding and flash + codecs get Mint based on Ubuntu, If you want 2 learn Fedora then stay and use it.  If you want to use OpenSUSE you can do it too.

If you just want to get a feel for either system get a livecd and run it from each system. Then try to decide for yourself which systems works better for you.  OpenSUSE slept with the devil in the M$ deal, but it is a good system and if that does not bother you?  You can also go for Arch Linux, Gentoo Linux or other source based distro in which you really get to learn linux and not let the distro creators what they want* and you get to decide what you want*!

Fedora is an excellent system but you have to try it on your own and get to like it.

Regards,

Antonio