Fedora vs openSUSE

stan gryt2 at q.com
Tue Dec 20 21:08:53 UTC 2011

On Tue, 20 Dec 2011 12:07:34 -0800
Paul Allen Newell <pnewell at cs.cmu.edu> wrote:

> As far as I am concerned, you are not wrong.
> Darryl's post is not appropriate for this list

I think the first inappropriate post belongs to Mr. Zeitler.  Putting
his quote at the start of every message is equivalent to:

Every Christian starting their messages with 'Jesus is Lord'.
Every Muslim starting their messages with 'Allah Akbar'.
Every Hindu starting their messages with 'Hare Krishna, Hare Hare, Hare
Rama'.
Every Buddhist starting their messages with 'Form is emptiness,
emptiness is form'.
Every Taoist starting their messages with 'The Tao that can be spoken
is not the true Tao'.
etc., etc.
If your religion or belief system is not mentioned above, I didn't mean
to slight you, I'm probably just not familiar with it.

People are welcome to their beliefs, but a technical mailing list
doesn't seem to be the place to proselytize or air those beliefs.

Of course, such messages could be interpreted as eyeballs paying for
offered help; a personalized Google business model - I give you help
for free, you give me your attention on my message.