[OT] Re: Fedora vs openSUSE

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Wed Dec 21 06:12:47 UTC 2011

> Your email address says absolutely nothing about your nationality,

my nationality is American, living United States of America. in respect
that Canadians are Americans living in Canada. just as Mexicans are
Americans living in Mexico.

i have never understood why Americans are just Americans with out
distinction as to what part.

my ancestry is Greek and Scotch-Irish.

> and is only loosely correlated with your location.

if they really wanted to know, they could check my ip address. :-)

while yours, on the other hand, tends to have a miss leading to it.

}> From: Patrick O'Callaghan <pocallaghan at gmail.com>

where would tend to indicate your router interface. may be part of your lan.

yet it identifies as;

  CANTV Servicios, Venezuela
  Ram´┐Żn Cabello
  Segunda Avenida de los Palos Grandes, 000, Entre Av. Fr
  1060 - Caracas - MI

your message id shows 'bree.homelinux.com'
which is hosted by;

 Hostmaster, DynDNS  hostmaster at dyndns.com
 Dynamic Network Services, Inc.
 150 Dow St.
 Manchester, NH 03101

with an email address from gmail.com

so, just where you are could be a 'toss up'. :-)

> I can't image why you would think that, nor can I imagine why it would
> matter.

it was not you and i realize such after sending. and as you say, it
really does not matter.

> My comment was meant to apply to the members of the list, not
> just myself.

> I'm afraid the "mouse" epithet is over my head.

just a comment used when a singular person repeatedly, tho you did not,
uses term 'we', and was intended jokingly. being that you are not familiar
with term, you would not catch it.

peace out.

*please reply "plain text" only. "html text" are deleted*

So I installed Linux.
learn linux:
'HowtoForge' http://howtoforge.com/