Fedora vs openSUSE

Paul Allen Newell pnewell at cs.cmu.edu
Wed Dec 21 06:59:55 UTC 2011

On 12/20/2011 10:54 PM, Rameshwar Kr. Sharma wrote:

>> http://www.suse.com/company/press/2011/7/microsoft-and-suse-renew-successful-interoperability-agreement.html
>> necessarily imposes limitations (theoretical if not actual) on its development
>> ('intellectual property concerns')
> Oh I see, this is really amazing. So should I not use openSUSE because
> of this deal? Thanks.

Until you are familiar enough with any version of Linux, this "issue" is
academic as you can't determine whether it applies to you or not.

You need to just pick a distro, dive in, swim around, and then take
another look at what you should be using. Choice of os is best based on
experience rather than theory / advice.

Hope it goes well,
Paul