Fedora vs openSUSE

Rameshwar Kr. Sharma mathsrealworld at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 10:04:03 UTC 2011

On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 12:46 PM, Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 at freenet.de> wrote:

>>> http://www.suse.com/company/press/2011/7/microsoft-and-suse-renew-successful-interoperability-agreement.html

> It's up to you to draw your conclusions.

> Some people consider this "agreement" to be the "dawn of mankind", "SUSE
> betraying/threatening the freedoms of Linux" and "SUSE having contracted
> with the devils of the 'evil empire'".

> To other people (apparently SUSE itself) it's a "valuable feature" and
> valuable advantage SUSE Linux has over its competitors.

> To most end-users, this contract is not of much practical importance, but is
> more a political thing.

Yes but I have started the torrent download of -- Fedora and Ubuntu
(LTS) for this time, after the completion would definitely start for
11.4 openSUSE too and would see from the LIVE CDs which suit me the
most, which I assume either Fedora or Ubuntu, but without actually
practically seeing I really cannot comments. Thanks to the developers
that they created the use of Live CDs without which it seems a more
typical kind or thing to judge a distro.