Fedora vs openSUSE

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Dec 21 15:23:32 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-12-21 at 15:34 +0530, Rameshwar Kr. Sharma wrote:
> either Fedora or Ubuntu, but without actually practically seeing I
> really cannot comments. Thanks to the developers that they created the
> use of Live CDs without which it seems a more typical kind or thing to
> judge a distro.

Though be aware that Live CDs are a poor demonstration.  For one thing,
they're a slow medium.  So don't be put off trying a proper installation
if the demonstration isn't that good.

Yes, it is a good idea to try more than one distro to see which is
better suited for you.  But I haven't seen anybody mention the other
important thing:  See what technical support you can get for each, and
which you prefer out of that.

e.g. I find this mailing list very good.  I haven't thought much of the
Ubuntu forums, back when I was looking at it.

If you can't use the distro all by yourself, and need help, you want it
to be useful to you.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686