/var/log/messages

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Thu Dec 22 07:48:19 UTC 2011

On 12/22/2011 08:27 AM, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 12/21/2011 11:10 PM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>> I would call it a functional regression having been introduce during by
>> the sysvinit/upstart->systemd transition.
>>
>> If it has not been BZ'd before, it should be BZ'ed.
>
> I wouldn't mind being the reporter, but I'd like to know if anybody else
> sees this or not.
I've had this issue on several (all?) machines ;)
Most of them were upgrades from f14 (via f15) and some were fresh installs.

Unfortunately, I don't recall if this issue only happens on upgrades  or
also on fresh installs.

> I'll try to find time to fire up my laptop tomorrow
> and check there as well, but I'd also appreciate it if the rest of you
> would check and let me know if it's been off.
While we're at it:

I've seen upgrades to leave sysvinit-symlinks behind in /etc/rc?.d/*,
which seem to be able to confuse systemd.

Ralf