/var/log/messages

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Thu Dec 22 18:40:32 UTC 2011

On 12/22/2011 07:17 AM, Tim wrote:
> "The rule for migration to systemd is to "start-over fresh" with default
> start and stop policy from the new package, and not to migrate what the
> user had previously configured."

In other words, the new rule is to assume that whoever set the system up
and runs it doesn't know what they're doing and to override all of their
customizations. I'm not surprised, really, it fits right in with the
apparent attitude of the Gnome devs.

Right now, I'll admit, systemd reminds me of my opinion of pulseaudio
when it first came out: a solution looking for a problem that doesn't
exist.  The old init system wasn't broken, so why replace it with one
that doesn't completely work as yet?