R: Re: Openfoam is available!!!

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Thu Dec 22 20:05:43 UTC 2011

> On Thu, 2011-12-22 at 16:32 +0100, antonio.montagnani at alice.it wrote:
>> never heard of Google??
>
> Unbelievable. Do you *still* not get it? In words of one syllable: why
> do you make me look at a web page to see if I want this? Why do you not
> just tell the list in the first place?

I'll go a little further: if you can't be bothered to tell me what your
project's about, why should I bother to find out on my own?  Clearly, if
it's not obvious from the name and the person announcing it doesn't
think it's worth describing it can't possibly be anything I'm interested
in.  Yes, that's more than a little self centered, but as time goes on
you find yourself judging things like this more and more from a
perspective of "What's in it for me," and less from that of "Let's take
a look; it might be interesting."