GNOME 3 Classic on the way

JB jb.1234abcd at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 21:59:05 UTC 2011

Christopher Svanefalk <christopher.svanefalk <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I switched to Gnome3 just recently, and frankly, I am not sure I would want to
before Gnome3 is on par with Gnome2 in terms of raw stability (I sometimes
cannot even log out without getting a freeze), but I absolutely believe G3, as
it is, is the way to go.

Note that this is a fork of G3 Shell - it retains G3 platform infrastructure,
but will acquire G2 Classic "look & feel" (I hope as close as possible).

Very smart move by Mint, me thinks (I hope it will attract even more users to
them).

JB