/var/log/messages

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Fri Dec 23 01:40:28 UTC 2011

On 12/22/2011 05:23 PM, jdow wrote:
> Get a cheap replacement drive and install fresh on it. See if that works.

Until last month when Social Security kicked in, I had no income.
Literally.  A "cheap replacement drive" is still a big chunk of my
monthly income, not to be considered lightly, especially when you
consider that I need to save up to upgrade my desktop.  And, as I
commented in another post, neither of my computers is currently willing
to burn a CD.  One principle that I always used when I was doing tech
support applies here: try not to throw somebody else's money at a problem.