Buy an SSD now, or wait?

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 08:44:09 UTC 2011

On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 05:09, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com> wrote:

> Did you not notice that the GP is Japanese?

Hi Dotan,

No, I did not. Why does it make a difference?.

IMHO It´s GE who´s mostly to blame for Fukushima, ie ("save costs at
the expense of security") despite the general lack of wisdom of
building reactors at coastal areas on regions that have experience
tsunamis.

Fukushima: Mark 1 Nuclear Reactor Design Caused GE Scientist To Quit In Protest
http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/fukushima-mark-nuclear-reactor-design-caused-ge-scientist/story?id=13141287#.TvQ7pYHfVvA

Surely Obama and the vast Left Wing Conspiracy had something to do
with that, retroactivelly. (sarcasm)

> And for that matter, like he pointed out, not a single injury or death
> can be ascribed to the failures at the 40 year old nuclear power plant
> that was one month from retirement.

That´s up to debate. Do you include the workers? why not?

Also, give it time...

Fukushima radiation mapped
Cesium in soil a problem for agriculture
http://spectrum.ieee.org/energy/environment/postfukushima-radiation-mapped

Cesium in Baby Milk Powder Shows Nuclear Risk for Japan Food
http://www.businessweek.com/news/2011-12-07/cesium-in-baby-milk-powder-shows-nuclear-risk-for-japan-food.html

Ex-Chief of Japan Nuclear Plant Has Cancer
http://blogs.voanews.com/breaking-news/2011/12/09/ex-chief-of-japan-nuclear-plant-has-cancer/

"unrelated to radiation": Yeah, right, just a coincidence.
OK, I said on the previous message that I wouldn´t comment further but
I couldn´t let the above go unanswered.

This *is* the last post on this thread by me.  (unless we go back to
topic, that is SSDs, I for instance commented on SSDs and asked about
the use of ext2 for /tmp).

FC