Script for testing all files on a drive ?

linux guy linuxguy123 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 09:07:13 UTC 2011

I am having an issue with my laptop.  I've found some corrupt files on
an SSD drive.   I need to know exactly how many are corrupt and which
ones they are.

I've run various block check and surface scan tools and they all come
up with zero errors.

I found the corrupt files when I was attempting to back up every file
on the drive with a simple cp command.

I would now like to run a script that checks every file on the drive
and puts the name and path of every corrupt file into a text file for
further processing.

What is the easiest way to do this ?

Thanks