Listings Question About Ping

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Fri Dec 23 16:09:46 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-12-23 at 08:56 -0600, Aaron Konstam wrote:

> It is not the blinking that bothers me. Its the impossibility of reading
> the file names in some colors. Black letters on a red background is a
> good example.
----
dark terminal backgrounds are good for novelty but not good for actually
using on a semi-continual basis.

Konsole offers 'black on random light' and the random light are various
light pastels which are comfortable and less hostile to color output
whereas the blue ls output is ridiculously hard to read on a black
background. But if I recall correctly, you use Gnome and I really don't
recall the various terminal options for Gnome's terminal.

Craig

believed to be clean.