Buy an SSD now, or wait?

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Fri Dec 23 16:16:10 UTC 2011

On 12/23/2011 12:11 AM, 夜神 岩男 wrote:
> If you're really in a donating mood, I hear Joe is in need of new
> hardware and is living on a pension.

Thank you, but no.  What I have will last a little longer, and I'll
probably be upgrading within the month, which is why I'm not that
worried about some of the minor issues I still have.  Getting my desktop
to let me mount a usb as a regular user, or at least write to it is more
important, let's say, than getting the sound working again.

If any of you are looking to donate money somewhere, consider giving it
to the MS society.  My sister has MS, and gets Avonex once a week.
Without subsidies, her bill for that would be about $1600/month.  MS is
an "orphan disease," and never gets the funding it needs for research.