BIOS doesn't see hard drive with Fedora 16, may it be an install?issue?

M. Fioretti mfioretti at nexaima.net
Fri Dec 23 23:30:47 UTC 2011

On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 22:28:20 PM +0000, JB wrote:

> Reboot to BIOS (F2 key):
> - restore Setup Defaults (some F? key), then SAVE and EXIT to restart

I had already tried before my first post everything you wrote up to
this point:

>   Serial ATA (SATA)
>     SATA Controller Mode Option: AHCI (or Compatibility ?)

I don't remember now if this was in AHCI or not. WHat value should I
set this to? AHCI, I guess?

Also:

> - perform hard disk installation once again:
>   - do NOT accept default installation !!!
>   - select custom install/layout,

I had done this, but not using only one partition, I used something
like (exact values escape my mind now):

/boot
/
swap
/home

I'll try your other suggestions later, thanks.

Marco