BIOS doesn't see hard drive with Fedora 16, may it be an install issue?

JB jb.1234abcd at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 08:26:46 UTC 2011

M. Fioretti <mfioretti <at> nexaima.net> writes:

> It is that, in a nutshell, the BIOS doesn't _remember_ that I had hit
> F2, told it to boot from the hard drive first and "saved" that
> setting.

Just a guess, every BIOS is different.
Go to it (F2) and find the menue dealing with system protection: boot, BIOS
update, administrator, etc passwords.
Clear them ALL for now.

Go over all other menus and check any other settings that possibly could have
anything to do with securing BIOS setting (configuration), whether local or
remote.
Clear them ALL for now.

SAVE and EXIT to reboot.

One more thing to check.
In BIOS, write down the date of your BIOS.
Go to your seller's first (or board manufacturer's next) web site and check
for any BIOS update available. Compare the dates, and if they differ read
the changes log.
Be prepared to download and update your BIOS if needed. You can boot thru F10
to cd/dvd drive, so it should be not a problem. Be careful not to interrupt
such an update, also stable AC/DC and battery.

JB