Buy an SSD now, or wait?

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Sat Dec 24 09:13:56 UTC 2011

On 12/23/2011 11:34 PM, Marko Vojinovic wrote:
> That's not exactly true. The radiation is quite easy to measure, and there is
> no need for increased sensitivity of the detectors.

It all depends on which radiation you're talking about.  There was talk
in the early days after the quake and tsunami about detecting
radioisotopes crossing the Pacific, with the implication that the US
West Coast was in danger of major contamination.  What was actually
detected were minute traces that wouldn't have triggered the detectors
in use at the time of Chernobyl.  That's what I was referring to, and
I'll admit in hindsight that I should have been more specific.