fedora 13 to 14

嘉谟 yxy.716 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 14:42:00 UTC 2011

I meet some problems with the network.
I double why offer two methods to do the networking.
My problems inline.

2011/12/7 JB <jb.1234abcd at gmail.com>:
> Patrick Dupre <patrick.dupre <at> york.ac.uk> writes:

>> service NetworkManager restart
>> Stopping NetworkManager daemon:                            [FAILED]
>> Setting network parameters...                              [  OK  ]
>> Starting NetworkManager daemon:                            [  OK  ]
>>
>> NetworkManager dead but pid file exists
>>
>> I also tried
>> network:
>>
>> service network restart
>> Shutting down interface eth0:                              [  OK  ]
>> Shutting down loopback interface:                          [  OK  ]
>> Bringing up loopback interface:                            [  OK  ]
>> Bringing up interface eth0:
>> Determining IP information for eth0... failed.
>>                                                             [FAILED]
>>
>> How can I fix the issue?
>>
>> Thank.
>>

> First, make sure that you run only one networking startup service, either
> "network" or "NetworkManager".
> So decide for one, and then stop, and then disable the other on your run level
> so it will not be started on reboot again.
> # chkconfig --help
>
> Next, how do you think your IP address is assigned, statically or dynamically ?
> In the latter case it would be obtained from a DHCP server, presumably
> located on your router, and that would require a dhcp client on your machine.
> Regardless of the above, if you know the IP address your machine should have,
> you can assigne it to your interface manually.
>
> The net config files to check are (I am on F16, so some files may differ):
> $ ls /etc/sysconfig/net*
> /etc/sysconfig/netconsole  /etc/sysconfig/network
> /etc/sysconfig/networking:
> devices  profiles
>
> /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts:
> ifcfg-lo     ifdown-post    ifup-bnep  ifup-plusb     init.ipv6-global
> ifdown       ifdown-ppp     ifup-eth   ifup-post      net.hotplug
> ifdown-bnep  ifdown-routes  ifup-ippp  ifup-ppp       network-functions
> ifdown-eth   ifdown-sit     ifup-ipv6  ifup-routes    network-functions-ipv6
> ifdown-ippp  ifdown-tunnel  ifup-ipx   ifup-sit
> ifdown-ipv6  ifup           ifup-isdn  ifup-tunnel
> ifdown-isdn  ifup-aliases   ifup-plip  ifup-wireless
>
> $ cat /etc/sysconfig/network
> NETWORKING=yes
> HOSTNAME=localhost.localdomain
>
> $ cat /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/*-eth0

I disable the network-manager ,but when system booting

there is errors like
Staring LSB: bring up/down networking [1;31m failed]
It still can login .  I am now not using that os.

#ifconfig
eth0 wlan0
   RX pakets:0 errors ...
   TX packets:15 errors ...

#service network start
job failed

#systemctl status network.service

something import is : Process 5148 exestart=/etc/rc.d/init.d/network
start (code = exited ,status=1/failture)

#/var/log/message

network[5148]  Bring up loopback interface [ ok]
network[5148]  Bring up interface wlan0:
                         determing ip information for wlan0 .. failed
; no link present. check cable?
network[5148]  failed
network[5148]  bring up interface br0:
     dhclinet[5365] :  dhcpdicover on br0 to 255.255.255.255 prot 67 interval 3
     dhclinet[5365] :  dhcpdicover on br0 to 255.255.255.255 prot 67 interval 4
     dhclinet[5365] :  dhcpdicover on br0 to 255.255.255.255 prot 67 interval 8
     dhclinet[5365] :  dhcpdicover on br0 to 255.255.255.255 prot 67 interval 9
     dhclinet[5365] :  dhcpdicover on br0 to 255.255.255.255 prot 67 interval 9
     dhclinet[5365] :  dhcpdicover on br0 to 255.255.255.255 prot 67 interval 15
     dhclinet[5365] :  dhcpdicover on br0 to 255.255.255.255 prot 67 interval 13
                                no dhcpoffers received.
                                determining ip information for br0 failed

network[5148]  failed
network[5148]  rtnetlink  ansers : file exsits
network[5148]  rtnetlink  ansers : file exsits
network[5148]  rtnetlink  ansers : file exsits
network[5148]  rtnetlink  ansers : file exsits
network[5148]  rtnetlink  ansers : file exsits
network[5148]  rtnetlink  ansers : file exsits
        systemd[1] network.servcie : control process exit code=exited status=1

Hereis some config
/etc/sysconfig/network-srcipts/ifcfg-eth0

DEVICE=eth0
ONBOOT=yes
NM_CONTROLLEN="no"
HWADDR=my mac address
TYPE=Ethernet
BOOTPROTO="dhcp"
BRIDGE=br0
USERCTL=no
PEERNDNS=yes
IPV6INIT=no

../network-scripts /ifcfg-br0

DEVICE=br0
TYPE=Bridge
BOOTPROTO="dhcp"
ONBOOT="yes"
NM_CONTROLLED="no"
DELAY=0

ifcfg-wlan0

DEVICE=wlan0
TYPE=Wireless
NM_CONTROLLED=yes
MODE=Managed
ESSID="my networkid"
HWADDR=
ONBOOT=yes
BOOTPROTO=dhcp

about the wirelesss.
First I think the network service if off .
I still use iwconfig  like
# iwconfig wlan0 key PASSWORD

Error for wireless request "Set Encode" (8B2A) :
    SET failed on device wlan0 ; Invalid argument.

What I want to do use network service build a bridge mode .