Why updatedb doesn't traverse my external HD?

JB jb.1234abcd at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 22:31:56 UTC 2011

Reindl Harald <h.reindl <at> thelounge.net> writes:

> >> /media is on tmpfs simply because it's faster to keep the mountpoints
> >> in memory than on disk.  That way, you don't have to hit your root
> >> disk just to locate something that is almost certainly on another
> >> disk.  It doesn't affect the mounts below it in any way.
> >
> > Boyz and Girlz,
> >
> > so this is your understanding of tmpfs ?
> >
> > Systemd is a result of Windows GNU/Linux devs pretending to be UNIX devs ...
> > I have already said that when we discussed systemd on Fedora dev list ...
> >
> > It has to be brought up on dev list immediately.
> > This is bananas !
>
> keep your childish "Boyz and Girlz" for you and please leave us
> in peace if you only like to troll AND please stop to assume
> others do not know about waht they are talking

Dear Reindl Harald,
do you like this better ?

You are a clueless TROLL.
Practice your Linux in your neck of the woods, but do not pretend to
understand UNIX and its development.
Stop molesting innocent babies on this Fedora users list :-)

It is no wonder that RH and Fedora each lost almost 50% of its Web deployments
in the last 2 years ...

JB

Fortune cookie:
You can get much further with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind
word alone.
        -- Al Capone
        [Also attributed to Johnny Carson.  Ed.]