Giving Up On Fedora

Lawrence Graves lgraves95 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 25 13:07:11 UTC 2011

On 12/25/2011 05:55 AM, Swapnil Bhartiya wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I did not want that subject line, but am forced to.
>
> I have been writing about Fedora on Muktware and the review was
> massive hit -- around 80,000 reads. Users liked the review and our
> articles. But since now I myself am not able to run Fedora on both my
> machine I don't know how to write about it. I am willing to share info
> (error messages) with you so as to be able to use Fedora.
>
> I have been a long time Ubuntu user and decided to switch post Unity
> mess. I tried Fedora 16 and loved it. I installed it on both my main
> PC (which has Nvidia GTX 470 card) and Dell XPS. The main was stuck at
> boot, after first reboot and installing Nvidia drivers. Could not find
> a fix and started using openSUSE. Just today the Fedora on XPS also
> got stuck during boot and shows "use systemct1 default" or Ctrl D. Not
> able to boot into the system. I posted the issue about main PC on the
> forum but did not get any solution, which I totally understand as its
> volunteer list and not everyone may face the same problem. But since
> Fedora is not running on both my PCs I am in bad position. I do want
> to use Fedora, but due to my own technical limiations I can't. I
> desperately seek your help to enable me to use Fedora :(
>
> Best
> Swapnil  Bhartiya
I faced the same problem but did not give up on Fedora. I found on
nvidia.com that the 275.43 drivers which were released on 12/14/2011 work.
You will need to install at runlevel3. Do not update the kernel until
they get a permanent fix.  Somebody helped me so if I can give back, I
certainly willing. I don't know much but what little I know I will be
glad to share. After all, that's what Fedora is all about.
--
Lawrence Graves All things are workable but don't all things work.