default browser settings in Thunderbird changed by updates overnight

Claude Jones cjoneslists at tehogeeservices.com
Sun Dec 25 15:01:44 UTC 2011

Clicking an html link from within a Thunderbird message now opens
Chrome. It has been set to Firefox for a long time. This appears to have
changed since yesterday, and last night I did run a huge number of new
updates.

Funny thing is, the settings in about:config in Thunderbird still
dictate firefox as the preferred browser:

network.protocol-handler.app.ftp;/usr/bin/firefox
network.protocol-handler.app.http;/usr/bin/firefox
network.protocol-handler.app.https;/usr/bin/firefox

Checking "System settings\Default Applications\web Browser" (in KDE)
also shows Firefox configured as default browser

Where else can this behavior be controlled. I would like to know which
package update caused this behavior to change so I can file a bug
report, but I'm not sure. Looking at the long list of updates last
night, there were updates for both Firefox and Thunderbird, but not for
Chrome. I can't imagine Thunderbird changing the defaut browser to open
from links, and the settings still seem correct.

Ideas?
--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA