Sound not working

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.net
Sun Dec 25 19:32:25 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-12-25 at 12:34 -0600, Mike Chambers wrote:
> On Sun, 2011-12-25 at 22:01 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
> > > This is going to sound really stupid, but are you sure your speakers are
> > > turned on? More than once I've had this happen to me (my speakers turn
> > > off if there's a power cut) and had a frustrating time until the "Duh"
> > > moment.
> > >
> > > poc
> >
> > Just a point of order...  The person with the problem is Mike, but the
> > way the attribution showed up made it seems as if I'm being asked the
> > question about speakers being turned on.   It is rather a silly question
> > though since he did test it on Windows so he knows where the speaker
> > power button is...  :-)
> >
> > And, to TC.....  Yes...that is the util I'm forgetting pavucontrol!
>
> Yes the speakers are on and turned up LOL.  I am in KDE, not gnome.  And
> have tried pavucontrol but gonna try again to make sure.

Well, it's fixed, for now anyway haha.  I couldn't ever get it to work
with the onboard audio as mentioned/shown earlier in this thread.  So I
tried a creative labs SB pci card I had from bout 4 years ago and it
worked right off the bat.  Will try later with the onboard and see if
can ever get it to work.

Thanks for the help though,

--
Mike Chambers