Giving Up On Fedora

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Sun Dec 25 20:48:13 UTC 2011

The main was stuck at boot, after first reboot and installing Nvidia
drivers.

> This is not a Fedora issue, but an nvidia one. The nvidia drivers are
> proprietary software, which means that you're on your own. Switching
> to another distribution won't help either, unless they use a fixed
> version of that driver.

Why the need for nvidia drivers?
I used to think I needed them but with Fedora 14 I tried the latest
drivers included with the distro (Nouveau I think) and it all works ok
with Blender 3d, inkscape, Scribus, and Gimp and anything else I throw a it.
I suspect the drivers will be even better with Fedora 16.
If I may suggest, to try Nouveau and see if it does what you need.
Roger