Giving Up On Fedora

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Sun Dec 25 22:05:30 UTC 2011

On Sun, 25 Dec 2011 22:30:23 +0100, SB (Swapnil) wrote:

> > And the link is missing here.
>
> Here is the link of thread for Nvidia card. That issues in un resolved.
> As I stated Fedora has failed on both machines, one with Nvidia card
> (error on below link)
> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.general/405561

That's not much info to comment on :(, just from two weeks ago, and you
haven't answered to the last reply yet either.

Readers would have to apply a *lot* of guess-work. Have the proprietary
Nvidia drivers worked for you every before with Fedora? With older
versions of Fedora? I don't use those drivers. If you use the RPM Fusion
packages for those drivers, perhaps you can get help on RPM Fusion's
mailing-list(s) - provided that you don't give up early and don't expect
magic incantations to do all the work. ;) It may be necessary to collect
details about the current state of your system and about all steps you try
out when testing something. Terse postings (containing no details) won't
lead to anything.

You also wrote "I tried Fedora 16 and loved it" before installing the
proprietary nvidia drivers.

> And this is a snap of the error on Dell XPS.
> http://ubuntuone.com/6nVaGW1YHkXnHiFZ3rp9DR

Where is an error message in there? All is about USB. :(