Giving Up On Fedora

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Sun Dec 25 22:52:07 UTC 2011

On Sun, 25 Dec 2011 23:32:50 +0100, SB (Swapnil) wrote:

> I can't say as when 16 was released I installed it on my PC and it
> worked for almost a week. Once the error came,

What was the last thing you did before "the error came"? Did you install
any update packages?

> it was belived Fedora Utils caused it.

What is "Fedora Utils"?

Had to search for it, because it didn't sound familiar and
"yum search fedora utils" also didn't find it. Apparently, you refer
to  http://fedorautils.sourceforge.net/  which is not include with Fedora.

> I can do a fresh install once again if that may help.

As mentioned, collecting data may be helpful. If you reinstall Fedora 16
and it works initially, try to find out whether applying Updates
reproduces the problem. Save the full list of installed packages _prior_
to applying updates, e.g. "rpm -qa --last > pkgs-20111225-1.txt", then
save and review the list of packages to be installed by a "yum update".
For the beginning, skip updates of the Linux kernel and nvidia drivers.
Or update *only* individual packages, such as the kernel or the drivers.