After a while, dolphin, konqueror (and other KDE apps) won't start...

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 01:20:05 UTC 2011

On Mon, 26 Dec 2011 18:22:10 -0600
Rex Dieter wrote:

> > definitely has something to do with "gam_server"  We just don't know WHY
> > it is behaving this way.
>
> When/if it happens again, please do file a bug against gamin (and feel free
> to cc: me or otherwise holler :) )

I had weird problems with the KDE apps I try to run when I
restored my original fedora 15 home directory. I finally removed
all the hidden files and directories with kde in the name that
I could find under ~/ then logged into a KDE session to
let it regenerate everything from scratch. I had to reconfigure
some stuff to make it remember the settings I wanted again,
but all the weirdness went away. (Things like bogus looking
appearance of all the apps and some dialogs that didn't
seem to work right).