Giving Up On Fedora

suvayu ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 01:36:42 UTC 2011

2011/12/28 夜神 岩男 <supergiantpotato at yahoo.co.jp>:
> Anyway, if Intel/nVidia made fiscal sense we would be deploying that. I
> assume we would have had a similar learning curve with their drivers or
> noveau. My point is most of this stuff actually works fine on most chipsets
> if you can get around to making the drivers make sense to you, but this can
> require more study and experimentation than people are prepared for.

For me, the strongest case for AMD/ATI hardware is availability of
relatively stable FOSS drivers. I have been using the radeon drivers
for a little over 2 years now with my ATI HD4870 and have had almost
no issues. Although I don't use a lot of 3D, I do play some games from
time to time (e.g. Nexuiz, Humble Indie Bundle games). I would rather
support a manufacturer who makes some effort (some might argue
minimal, but an effort nonetheless) to support FOSS drivers.

Just my 2¢.

--
Suvayu