Silencing Mock

夜神 岩男 supergiantpotato at yahoo.co.jp
Wed Dec 28 04:25:03 UTC 2011

On 12/28/2011 12:46 PM, T.C. Hollingsworth wrote:
> 2011/12/27 夜神 岩男<supergiantpotato at yahoo.co.jp>:
>> I've never really payed attention (or cared) until now, but Mock is annoying
>> me with copious lines of:

>> DEBUG: warning: group iwao does not exist - using root
>> DEBUG: warning: user iwao does not exist - using root
>>
> It's completely harmless.

I just don't like dangling ugly. :-/

There is almost definitely a way to fix this, but maybe its not worth
it. Like reassigning ownership after chroot is populated (but that could
be a *lot* of files). Or perhaps adding a switch to RPM that
deliberately assigns a specified owner:group on install, and pass that
argument along through the mock script (better? but I thought RPM
already had a switch like that, though I don't recall at the moment).

>> The builds work fine, its just annoying -- but on systems where this error
>> pops up the command "mock --scrub=all" can't be run, and I feel the two are
>> probably related.
>
> I think that's just a coincidence.  What error do you get when running that?

ERROR: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'/var/lib/mock/epel-6-x86_64/result/state.log'

But you're right, it was a coincidence. I just realized that a custom
build environment used for work is the most-used cfg, and in fact
epel-6-x86_64 doesn't exist just now, so this was correct and has
nothing to do with the ownership noise Mock makes.

Correcting the /etc/mock/default.cfg symlink to point at the actual
most-used cfg file fixed me. I was blowing my own mind... (O.o)

Thanks!