when does --skip-broken get applied when using yumex?

Kevin Martin kevintm at ameritech.net
Wed Dec 28 17:45:43 UTC 2011

When running "yumex --skip-broken --nogpgcheck" I see a number of packages in the list of  updates that are excluded as having
dependency issues if I run "yum --skip-broken --nogpgcheck".  Does the skip-broken with yumex get considered *only* if I try to
apply the updates?  Until I'm sure about that I'm a little worried about doing an apply with yumex (as many of the packages that get
excluded under yum but not yumex are X packages and I don't want to have a non-working X environment suddenly).

Thanks.

Kevin