when does --skip-broken get applied when using yumex?

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Wed Dec 28 18:03:45 UTC 2011

On 12/28/2011 09:45 AM, Kevin Martin wrote:
> When running "yumex --skip-broken --nogpgcheck" I see a number of packages in the list of  updates that are excluded as having
> dependency issues if I run "yum --skip-broken --nogpgcheck".  Does the skip-broken with yumex get considered*only*  if I try to
> apply the updates?  Until I'm sure about that I'm a little worried about doing an apply with yumex (as many of the packages that get
> excluded under yum but not yumex are X packages and I don't want to have a non-working X environment suddenly).

I've never tried running yumex that way from a CLI.  However, I've
selected those options in yumex a few times to get around issues.  From
what I've seen, yumex will show you all of the updates and even allow
you to select them, even with those options because it's not until it
tries to resolve the dependencies that the problems reveal themselves.
It's different with yum because yum doesn't give you the list of updates
until after checking dependencies.