Boot disk?

Joel Rees joel.rees at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 23:06:10 UTC 2011

On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 12:12 AM,  <jeff at bubble.org> wrote:
>[...]
> In this case it turns out it was booting off of sda (which is what I
> suspected), I ended up taking a ride down to the datacenter and verifying
> the BIOS.
>
> The original question although no longer important remains, can you tell
> which disk the initial load occurred from?  I did run dmidecode and found
> nothing of value.

And /dev/sda doesn't really say much, of course.

I often have to remember which drive was how big and made by whom to
untangle this question. That's why you want to use the UUIDs as much
as you can. With the manufacturers, sizes, knowledge of how the RAID
was set up, and UUIDs, you can use /dev/disk/* to figure out what you
need.

Joel Rees