No title bar on app windows under XFCE in one user

Joel Rees joel.rees at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 00:39:31 UTC 2011

On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 5:04 AM, Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Dec 2011 15:18:48 +0900
> Joel Rees <joel.rees at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Anyone else getting this kind of problem where app windows under XFCE
>> in one particular user,  but not in another, come up without title
>> bars (and thus no close box, etc.)?
>>
>> The menu bar is there and functions.
>
> Check to make sure xfwm4 is running.

xwfm4?

Don't even have it loaded.

yum info and even yum search don't find it.

> If not, see if you can get to a terminal and run 'xfwm4 --replace &'
> If that fixes it, make sure to logout and save your session so xfwm4
> starts as normal.
>
> kevin

Logged in as a different user, XFCE is running on that user. One
difference is that I have flash installed locally in the user that has
the problems. (It's about time to see if Adobe has a more recent
update, I guess.)

Also, Gnome's fallback has the same issues with loss of title bar.

Joel Rees