No title bar on app windows under XFCE in one user

Joel Rees joel.rees at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 02:56:07 UTC 2011

On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 10:27 AM, Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Dec 2011 09:39:31 +0900
> Joel Rees <joel.rees at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 5:04 AM, Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:

>> > Check to make sure xfwm4 is running.
>>
>> xwfm4?
>
> no, xfwm4.

arrrrgggghhhhhh! (The time I've wasted on that this morning!)

Thanks.

>> Don't even have it loaded.
>>
>> yum info and even yum search don't find it.
>
> Check your spelling. 'xfwm4' not 'xwfm4'

I hate it when I do that.

>> Logged in as a different user, XFCE is running on that user. One
>> difference is that I have flash installed locally in the user that has
>> the problems. (It's about time to see if Adobe has a more recent
>> update, I guess.)
>
> I'd advise using the adobe yum repo for that reason. You can get
> updates much easier.

Can you set that up to only load libflashplayer.so to the user's local
.mozilla/plugins to limit the damage every time another exploit is found?
I prefer to keep it out of the accounts I do real work on, just load it in my
kids' account for playing and an account I use for accessing sites that
insist on using flash.

Don't like having their setup stuff loaded globally, but I decided it
was not the same level risk.

>> Also, Gnome's fallback has the same issues with loss of title bar.
>
> No idea there.

Haven't checked yet to see if that's fixed.

Now if I could only figure out how to get my login dialog to behave.

Thanks again.