F16 clean install issues.

Michael D. Setzer II mikes at kuentos.guam.net
Thu Dec 29 05:27:12 UTC 2011

Have been testing an upgrade with F16 on one of my classroom
machines, and ran into some issues. Missing
maximize/minimize/close buttons on windows. Cleaned out a
number of (.*) directories in a guest account then when I started
the vncserver it gave the gnome3 message screen and worked,
but having some other issues so decided to do a full rebuild on
another machine.

Strangely, for the most part the gnome3 seems to work with the
clean install, but the top bar is totally unreadable, and while the
icons and text seem to show up fine in the main window, the text
on the right is sometimes unreadable.

ftp://amd64gcc.dyndns.org/F16Screenshot.png

These 20+ classroom machines have very old nvidia Geoforce
5200 cards with only 128M of Ram.

Haven't tried the vnc access on the clean install yet, but have
other machines that it seems to work fine on with a clean install,
but they have higher end video cards.

  Guam Community College  Computer Center
  mailto:mikes at kuentos.guam.net
  mailto:msetzerii at gmail.com
  http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
  Guam - Where America's Day Begins
  G4L Disk Imaging Project maintainer
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/g4l/

Number of Seti Units Returned:  19,471
(Total Hours: 287,489)

BOINC at HOME CREDITS
SETI        11624500.838977   |   EINSTEIN     7054097.359851
ROSETTA      4083183.967008   |   ABC         10078236.983416